Saturday, July 3, 2010

Greek Panzanella.....bread salad


I saw this salad recipe awhile ago from Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network.  A wonderful change from your regular salad.  My daughters said, "Where's the lettuce mom?"  We're sort of bread freaks around here so let's just say this bread salad was a huge hit.  Even though my daughters don't like all the veggies in this salad, they picked out what they liked.  I hoping if I keep giving them meals with different vegetables, they'll try it and like it.  The vinaigrette is excellent.  This has become a favorite salad for all of us.  

This salad is perfect for a cookout or a summer meal.  It's easily doubled for a crowd.  Try it out this 4th of July holiday weekend or anytime this summer.





Enjoy!

Happy 4th of July!

***Come back on Wednesday, July 7th, for our monthly Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club menu and a Cookbook giveaway!***

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  This recipe uses a hothouse cucumber.  I used a regular cucumber.  Either one is fine.  Also, while browning the bread cubes, I added a little more olive oil for flavor and to help brown them more.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

My Grumpy sounds like your kids :) I guess he never grew up! The salad sounds and looks delicious!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Have a wonderful July 4th weekend Jamie. If this salad is on your menu how can you lose.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

great looking salad! thanks for sending this Greek version of one of my favorite Tuscan Salads!
Have a happy and safe fourth!
Dennis

Marissa said...

this was awesome!!!
you have to make this real soon.
ILYSM
from your love and favorite daughter marissa :D

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs