Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dinner is served.....Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens and Parmesan-Browned Butter Orzo


If you read my blog, you know I like to make many recipes from Cooking Light magazine and their website.  There's a section in their magazine called Dinner Tonight which gives recipes for an entire meal.  The recipes usually take 30 or 40 minutes to make.  This meal plan is in their May 2010 magazine edition.

This is one of those family pleasing, family happy meals.  At least in my house it was.  The chicken was so flavorful and tender.  And it's pan seared in a little olive oil.  I did add a little extra olive oil when browning the other side of the chicken and for the 2nd batch.  The chicken went perfect with the orzo side dish.  And the light lemony salad dressing was the perfect complement to the whole meal.  This is a dinner that I know I will make again.

Note:  I did double the chicken recipe ingredients because the recipe listed is for 2 servings and I needed 4 servings.

Click here for the Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens recipe 

Click here for the Parmesan-Browned Butter Orzo recipe

Note:  The orzo recipe posted has a typo.  The recipe ingredient list has 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth but the instructions say to use 1 cup chicken broth.  You actually use 1 1/4 cup chicken broth.


Dinner is served!

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  You want the chicken breasts to be thin so to make it easier to pound thin, I butterfly (cut) the boneless chicken breasts in half, longways, but not all the way through. You open it up and you have a very large chicken breast. I pounded the butterflied chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thickness. It is much easier to pound it thin like this then starting with the whole thick chicken breast. You can buy the thin sliced chicken breasts but I find them to be too thin sometimes.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I need to come have dinner at your house! This looks so good :)

Aggie said...

one of my favorite ways to eat chicken Jamie! this is how we ate it growing up, lol, no chicken nuggets in an Italian household, just chicken cutlets! love it with lemon! try it in a sandwich too...yum yum yum.

Your pictures are making me so hungry!

Barbara Bakes said...

This is a meal my family would love too. Great tip for the chicken.

Kat said...

Looks so good Jamie. I love chicken cutlets and the whole meal is perfect.

Patsyk said...

This looks like a family pleasing meal! I'm going to have to mark that one in my copy of the magazine!

Shelby said...

The entire meal looks and sounds delicious! Looks like something I should put on my menu plan soon!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I saw this recipe Jamie and had it in mind. Thanks for the push, it looks amazing!

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

just catching up this looks fabulous!

danyell said...

Yummy....the orzo looks fantastic and I am thinking about adapting the chicken to a fish recipe--for me:)

Laura in Paris said...

Lucky children! THis supper looks great.

Jamie said...

I love when someone shows me a lighter way to make a favorite recipe. Love this! Love the crispy outside! Yum!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs