Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

Here is a quick cupcake post that was fun to make and fun to eat.  Your kids, big and small (and the adult ones too) will have a hard time resisting these cream-filled cupcakes.  Actually, my husband couldn't keep his hands off them.  I found out (by the open container) that he had one at 9:00am this morning.  He tried to blame it on one of my daughters but he was caught and he had to confess. 

These treats were made from a boxed mix of devil's food cake and containers of whipped fluffy white frosting.  Even though I do like to bake from scratch, I have no problem using boxed mixes from time to time.  And as much as my family loved these cupcakes, they don't mind either. 

I found this recipe on the recipe site, Tablespoon.com.


I filled the cupcake centers with frosting by using the round end of a wooden spoon and inserting halfway into the cupcakes to make a hole.  My daughter, Marissa, poked the holes for me.  I then put the frosting in a storage bag, clipped the corner and while holding the bag, I put the corner into the holes and squeezed the frosting into the cupcakes until the frosting came out of the hole.  You'll be frosting over this part so don't worry how it looks at this point.  Frost the tops and sprinkle with mini-chocolate chips. 

The taste reminds me of Ho Ho's and Swiss Rolls.  They would be perfect for a birthday party or bake sale.  Or a perfect way to end your day or in my husband's case, start your day!       

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  I did use cupcake liners when making the cupcakes.  There's no worry about sticking and who doesn't like peeling off the cupcake liner before taking a big bite.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW is all I can say Jamie!! These look so good!! Well done :)

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

wonderful looking and that frosting oh yum ~

Shelby said...

I agree! They look yum. I always loved the hostess cupcake cream filled cupcakes when I was a kid. Loved the ho ho's too! I'm sure I would love these :)

Aggie said...

I love that frosting in the middle! These look so luscious!!!

Maria said...

These look divine!

Patsyk said...

They look amazing! Wish I had one right now!

La Bella Cooks said...

I don't think these would last long with my family. These must have been heavenly.

Barbara Bakes said...

I think if you use a cupcake liner it's kinda like a muffin, so eating it for breakfast is perfectly acceptable. They do look impossible to resist.

danyell said...

They are so pretty!!!!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have been on a crazy cupcake kick lately. I guess I don't feel as guilty with 'one itty bitty cup cake'
:-)

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs