Sunday, February 14, 2010

a new look.....and Pan-Roasted Salmon with Soy-Ginger Glaze


Introducing my updated blog design.  One of my goals for 2010 was to change my blog template.  Well, I've got that crossed off my list now.  A big thank you to Hannah from Sherbet Blossom Designs.  I chose a Pre-Made blog template that start as low as $25.00.  For reasonable additional fees, Hannah can upload/transfer your old blog and can turn a 2 column template into a 3 column if you prefer.  Of course, she also does custom designs.  She designed my sister-in-law Aggie's blog, Aggie's Kitchen.  Hannah also has her own blog, Sherbet Blossom, where she shares her love for cooking, family, crafts and design.  So again, thank you Hannah for making my little blog a brighter, fresher and happier place to be.  

Now, how about some salmon everyone.  A former co-worker gave me this recipe a few years ago.  It comes from FoodandWine.com.  It is one of my favorite salmon recipes (I think I say that about every salmon recipe).  The soy-ginger glaze compliments the salmon perfectly.  A few ingredients and simple preparation makes this a delicious weeknight meal or it can be a meal to impress.  



Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  This recipe starts in a skillet on the stovetop and finishes baking in the oven.  Be careful when removing the pan from the oven.  That handle is hot.  Remember to use your pot holder throughout.

12 comments:

Aggie said...

Loving the new look! It's exactly what you said, fun fresh and happy!! Hannah has a great style...so happy you went with it!

The salmon is looking great! I haven't had salmon in forever. It's time. I would love to use my cast iron skillet for this one!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I love the new layout Jamie and you know I love salmon too!!!!

Ed Schenk said...

Great site design. The salmon looks wonderful

La Bella Cooks said...

This is by far my favorite way to eat salmon. I just love that soy glaze! I love your new look! It's nice to make a fresh change sometimes, isn't it?

motherrimmy said...

The salmon looks amazing. We eat a lot of salmon in our house. I'm looking forward to trying this!

motherrimmy said...

I forgot to say congratulations on the new look. It's wonderful!

janelle said...

Soy ginger and salmon: sign me up! Love the new look; isn't adding a column like emptying out half your closet. Feels so good;).

Patsyk said...

I need to try this recipe! Looks fantastic and a simple way to prepare salmon. Yum!

Laura Everett said...

Oh wow ! You have a new blog design ! Looks fabulous :)
And .... the salmon does , too !

Larry said...

hey, your new blog layout looks great! Virtual high five!!

danyell said...

The site looks great--cute like you and your girls....yummy salmon recipe. I think that I need to try it this week!!!

Couponing in Central Florida! said...

Love the new look!!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs