Saturday, December 12, 2009

Three Cheese Pasta Bake




I had to take my computer to the "Tech Doctors" this past week.  Poor thing had a terrible virus.  But it's all well now and thank goodness so I can tell you all about this wonderful macaroni and cheese dish.  I make this pasta bake quite often because it is delicious, easy to prepare and the ultimate in comfort food.  I love the combination of the 3 cheeses:  White Cheddar, Gruyere & Parmesan.  We usually eat it as the main dish and have some vegetables or a salad to go with it.  It's also a great weeknight meal because it doesn't take long to make.  If you like macaroni and cheese, you must try this version.  I found this recipe in Southern Living magazine and you can print the recipe from the Myrecipe.com website.  Click here for the recipe.  

Speaking of cheese, we all love cheese in my house.  Do you know who else loves cheese?



Maximus and MJ, that's who!  My 2 Boston Terriers are under my feet every time I take my box grater out and start shredding cheese.  But, do you know what happens when you give a Boston Terrier cheese?  Let's just say it's a gassy situation! 

I'm sorry....I guess that was WAY too much information.  Well, I'll finish up by sharing some yummy photos of the Three Cheese Pasta Bake.




Cheesy and creamy!




Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  Gruyere cheese is a swiss cheese that is made from cow's milk.  It is a hard, yellow cheese and it was named after the town of Gruyeres in Switzerland.  It's a good melting cheese which makes it perfect in this Pasta Bake.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

I wondered where you were! Your pasta look so creamy and yummy on the inside and a little browned and crisp on the outside....just perfect!

Mom on the Run said...

This looks fantastic! I might make a great dish for my cookie exchange next week.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Looks delicious and creamy.

Aggie said...

Oh this looks awesome!! What a great recipe to have laying around!

I'm cracking up about the dogs b/c I always think about Maximus when I'm grating cheese!!! LOL He really does like cheese!

Welcome back! :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am not sure I can find a dish that is more comforting than a delicious macaroni & cheese Jamie.It looks so creamy I just want to grab a fork.

Barbara Bakes said...

This looks like a great recipe! I love the make ahead tip!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs