Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fettuccine Alfredo and Caesar Salad


DSC01945

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! This is a triple wow meal! All the thanks goes to Pioneer Woman. Both of these recipes are featured on her incredible website. My entire family loved this meal. Yes, it has butter and cream and Parmesan cheese......just eat it in moderation please. But seriously, I highly, highly, highly recommend this meal. These are triple recommended recipes.


Fettuccine Alfredo
Recipe by Pioneer Woman


Ingredients

1 pound fettuccine
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I used the good stuff - Parmigiano Reggiano, grated small using my box grater)
salt and pepper to taste
pasta water - put aside a little if needed to thin out sauce

Preparation

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.
Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.
Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. (I didn't need to thin my sauce)
Serve immediately as a main course or accompaniment to meat or salad.



DSC01946

A bowl of creamy, cheesy goodness!

Now on to the Caesar Salad recipe. For the first time, I made my own croutons and they were unbelievable. My daughters went nuts over these garlic croutons. It only takes 4 ingredients. Have you looked at the back of a crouton box lately? Let's just say I want to start making my own croutons on a regular basis.

DSC01936

This is the garlic used for the salad and the garlic oil used for the croutons.
Very easy to do in a small food processor.

DSC01940

Pioneer Woman keeps her romaine lettuce leaves whole. I cut mine in large pieces. I also used half of the lettuce, about 1 1/2 romaine hearts. It was perfect for a family of four. If you use less lettuce, just use less dressing or to your taste.



DSC01948

Enjoy!


Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: The Fettuccine Alfredo is very simple to make and comes together quickly. If you are making these 2 recipes together, I recommend making the croutons first, set them aside and let them cool. I would then put the salad ingredients together and put the dressing on just before serving.

8 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

My boys would love this meal! It's what they always order when we go out. Thanks for the planning tips!

GarlicBOSS said...

Looks very delicious...thanks

Patsyk said...

I've seen these recipes over at PW's site... and, after your recommendation will have to mark them to try sooner rather than later.

Shelby said...

Jamie your photos are looking great! I am positive the fettuccine is awesome with the list of ingredients!

Laura in Paris said...

I read that the Cesar salad had originated in the 20ties in Tijuana. The restaurant, called Cesar, shut down this week - a casualty of the economic crisis.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

My kind of meal.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Oh my my son would enjoy this meal so much. Thanks for sharing.

Aggie said...

I want one of those croutons!! This looks amazing Jamie, I bet the fam was so happy. I'm drooling...

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs